I know we have not been very communicative since I started school. I am being pressed on every side it seems. This is a good thing. I am not sure what season with the Lord you are in, but I believe I am in winter. The life has gone to the roots to prepare them for more growth in my life. Every once in a while, I see glimpses of what God is doing. Just like when the snow covers the ground, it is hard to know what is happening deep in the earth. Whatever happens we see it when spring comes. The earth seems to know just when to release the seeds that need to be birthed forth for our enjoyment. I am not discouraged nor am I encouraged. I am experiencing Him in a new way. A way I have not been before. The struggles are real, but here is what I know: 1. God is good 2. God is good no matter the circumstance. I hope this encourages you. The bed and breakfast is just about ready for YOU: those who need a place to get away. Let us know when you would like to make reservations. Blessings to you.
I have a confession to make: I am not a super woman! There I have said it! That is right! I am not! I can’t handle everything. I try, but can’t. I am in another process of waiting on the healing of my heel. I injured it about four days ago now. When I realized that it really did hurt, I did what I knew to do. Ice it, bandage it: there! Now it will get better instantly! Yep, that is my expectation! It’s what I need right? Coupled with the Word of God!
As I inquired of the Lord, I asked what else I needed to do? Call your daughter in law. Oh, I can do that. I am better now, so what I need to do is find out how to strengthen it. Exercise! It will help in the healing process. I am still believing for a quick recovery!
Called her. She is so good at her profession! She said, “Momma, you are not going to like what I have to tell you.” My response? “Don’t tell me I will have to ice it?!” “Yes, for about a week.” “What????” “And you have to stay off if it for two weeks.”
Two weeks??? Really? Does she not know how busy I am? I have a garden to weed and water. I have a flower bed that needs attention. I have to clean, network, etc., etc., etc….. Sound familiar? I have to ask for help?
How often do we get caught up in those things that revolve around us? I am not saying they are not important. I am not saying they shouldn’t be done. I am just saying that paying attention to my body and listening to what needs to be done to be healed is a process. Rest happens to be a part of that process.
I have discovered a few things while talking with others about my “condition”.
1. I have to change my mind. That’s right. I have a mind set that deceives me. I think that I can do it all. Why? Many reasons probably but the biggest one has to do with trust and expectations. I take people at their word. So when I do get disappointed, I take on their responsibility. (Need to change that.) I need to hold them accountable.
2. I believe in miracles. I have seen them time and again. They are wonderful. I am expecting a quick work where my heel is concerned. I also know that the Lord is interested in the process that this will work in my heart. I have to rest. Give my body time to heal. There are things that I can do from a seated position. Prayer for instance. I have become aware of several needs that need prayer. Reading, cross stitching, sewing, writing, coloring to name a few things that will help me relax. Hobbies I haven’t picked up for a while.
3. Learning to ask for help. I can get so caught up in doing “stuff” that I forget, I am not a “one” woman show. I need others just as you need others.
4. Learning to just be quiet. This is probably the hardest. Quiet: making no noise, silent, free from disturbance, motionless, free from disturbing thoughts, not busy or active.
Scripture says to be still and know He is God. I want to know Him more. I learn this in the quiet, secret place.
5. The consequences of not heeding this time. I could further injure with the possibility of surgery. It happens and then the time would be longer.
Two weeks? I will submit my self to this. Why? Because He can do His work in me when I am surrendered. So I choose to surrender to this work. His work of not just healing me physically, but allowing Him to show me where in my soul needs healing as well.
Please share with me that you have learned.
Not sure where this rambling will take either you or me. Thank you for coming along for the ride. My world has been shaking as much as the present earthquake shook Nepal. If can be shaken, it has. Unlike the real thing, I am not finding much rubble which could be a good thing. Right? It is not easy being a warrior. It is hard. It is bloody. It is rewarding. It is sacrificial. It is who I am. It is a joy to do it. But….there are times when I get very tired. I know to whom I have believed and I know I have the victory. But let me be real. I hurt – just like everyone else. I am not trying to be a “super” anything. Just me in Him. Overcoming through Him. My emotions could not be more raw in this moment. I check my heart and feelings daily these days to ensure there is no offense or even bitterness creeping in. I want a pure heart. A servant’s heart. A warrior’s heart. It comes through pressure – life. It is such a bloody mess! But you are worth it. Every instance. Every pain. Every day.